If you are going to allow backorders for a product or do not want to manage product stock in Magento, you need to enable the Manage Stock "No", Backorders feature. It is found under:
- System > Configuration > M2E Pro > General > Quantity & Price (Magento 1)
- eBay/Amazon/Walmart Integration > Configuration > Settings > Magento Inventory (Magento 2).
Before you set to accept Backorders in your Magento, make sure that the Product on the Channel is active and has the status “In Stock”.
If Manage Stock is disabled for Magento Product, it will be listed with a quantity value you set in QTY To Be Listed field, e.g., 10 (see the screenshot above). Once an order is placed and the Channel Item quantity is reduced, M2E Pro will update it with the nominal value again.
If Backorders are allowed for Magento Product and its quantity reaches zero, M2E Pro will relist the corresponding Item with a nominal value you set in QTY To Be Listed field, e.g., 10 (see the screenshot above). All the subsequent orders will reduce Magento Product quantity to the value below zero. Yet, Channel Item quantity will remain 10.
This is how the quantity will be displayed on the Channel:
- If Manage Stock is set to "No", item quantity set in the Quantity to Be Listed field will be displayed.
- If the Backorders option is enabled and the actual item quantity is greater than the value set in the Quantity to Be Listed field, the actual item quantity will be displayed.
- If the Backorders option is enabled and the actual item quantity is lower than the value set in the Quantity to Be Listed field (e.g., X), the X quantity will be displayed.